Saturday, January 9, 2010

Herbed Cheese and Cracker Bits

I recently re-discovered this recipe while trying to come up with an appetizer to make for Christmas. It has been awhile since I've made these tasty little crackers, and now I remember why: they are SO addicting! There are similar variations of snacks like this (ranch pretzels and oyster crackers) but this particular recipe takes it to a different level with the cheese crackers. Honestly, I could eat the whole container of these in one sitting, so I think I subconsciously forgot about them to try to keep my weight down:) But I can't wait for another excuse to make them, hopefully soon.

Herbed Cheese and Cracker Bits
Source: Paula Deen

Ingredients:

2 (10 1/2-ounce) boxes cheese crackers (recommended: Ritz Cheese Bits, not peanut butter flavor)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 (1-ounce) package salad dressing mix (recommended: Hidden Valley Original Ranch)
1 heaping tablespoon dried dill
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon celery salt

Directions:

Place the crackers in a large sealable freezer container. In a bowl, mix the oil, salad dressing mix, dill, garlic powder, and celery salt. Pour this mixture over the crackers, cover the container, and invert it to coat the crackers with seasoning. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours, turning the container every so often to keep the crackers coated. Let the mixture come to room temperature before serving. Store in the covered container in refrigerator.

No comments: