Thursday, January 14, 2010

Caprese Salad


Another contribution to our New Years Even italian dinner, and it could not have been easier. I had two fresh mozzarella balls to use up so I decided this salad would be perfect! I cannot say whether this was good or not as I did not have any, but my critics said it was!

Caprese Salad
Source: Kitchen Escapes original (you can't really mess it up!)

Ingredients:
2 vine-ripe tomatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
2 fresh mozzarella balls (BelGioioso), sliced about 1/4 inch thick
fresh basil
extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
salt and pepper, to tast

Arrange on a platter, alternating slices of tomato, cheese and basil leaf until platter is full. Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with basil chiffonade if desired.

Enjoy!

No comments: