Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Weirdest dinner ever.....

but surprisingly tasty! However, it does not photograph much better than a pile of mush:(


I love to clip coupons, whether or not it saves me money, I don't really know but I do it anyway. Quite often the Sunday paper has coupons for Hillshire Farm products, and I always feel the need to stock up on smoked sausages. I don't even particularly like these sausages, but in my quest to serve less chicken for the hubby, these are a quick alternative.

I had one of these bad boys to use up, so I ventured to the Hillshire Farm website to get some inspiration. I found this recipe, and decided that it could easily be adapted with the minimal supplies I have right now. Below is my take on the original (which could possibly be just as good, I just didn't have the right ingredients).

Baked Pasta and Smoked Sausage
Source: Adapted from Hillshire Farm
Serves: 4-6

Ingredients:
1 (16 oz.) package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage
1 can Campbells Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup
2 1/2 cups milk
2 1/2 cups dried pasta of your choice (I used elbow macaroni)
1 cup cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cut sausage into 1/4" slices and brown in a skillet; drain.

Combine milk, soup, pasta, and 1/2 cup cheese in a 2 1/2-3 qt casserole dish. Add cooked sausage.

Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake for 3-5 more minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.




2 comments:

Andrew Nelson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew Nelson said...

I love this dinner!